Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Latest Partscaster
  • I'm taking a very slow approach to learning how to build. I bought the body and neck from Warmoth. The neck was finished with Tried & True oil finish. There will be a Rutters bridge on tomorrow - for now it's got a Wilkinson. Swamp Ash body, Roasted Maple neck, Fender '51 Nocaster Pickups (thinking about others...).

Next build will have a body built from scratch. The necks I'm less sure about.

Attachments
    IMG_0798.jpg 245K
  • Very cool! I've been considering the partscaster route myself - the roasted maple necks seem cool. How does it play/sound?
  • Keep in mind that I'm no set-up expert and it's a compound (10"" - 16") radius, plus a pretty fat neck. That being said, I've got it where I like it and it plays very easily. The Nocasters are interesting, maybe a bit to "bitey" for me, but they respond well to tone-control adjustments. I've been comparing it all day with my LsL T-bone and there's little difference beyond the pickups (and the neck radius). So, I would say it's a winner! It's a new neck, so we'll see, but the oil finish on the roasted maple is something that I really really like.
  • Beautiful! I have a chopped Rutters bridge and saddles in my Cabronita build. The quality is incredible. I especially love how his saddles are compensated but still maintain that traditional look.
  • I've built a few partscasters and yes, just an oil finish on the neck is fantastic.
  • That's a beaut! What color is that body? I no longer have any 'real' electric guitars...just two that I built from mostly used parts. The tele is a used MJT body with an Allparts TMO-Fat neck, a Rutters cutoff bridge and saddles, Lollar Special T in the bridge and Fender Nocaster CS in the neck. It's a lightweight guitar that really sings. It's an 'aged' white finish but I have done most of that myself. It is roughly the color of my grandfather's white 65 Malibu that he kept parked under a sycamore.

The offset now has a pair of mini-hums in a matte black guard. Whenever I go to a nice shop and look at electrics, I seem to gravitate towards much pricier versions of what I already have! I want my next build to be a thinline tele with a slightly smaller neck.
    Attachments
    IMG_3853.jpg 55K
    IMG_5390.JPG 29K

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!