Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Jim Campilongo Interview with Craig Garber on “Everyone Loves Guitar”
  • Jim Campilongo Interview with Craig Garber on “Everyone Loves Guitar”
    https://www.everyonelovesguitar.com/2018/04/02/jim-campilongo-interview/
  • I cannot wait for the new record with Round Midnight. I have been waiting for you to record that one for years, it is such a great tune. Very exciting!
  • Thanks buddy- It's going to be different...working on it now
  • "Sal's Waltz was written after seeing Julian Lage, and I was so inspired by him ...and Sal is one of our cats."

I love this sentence so much.
  • Can't wait to listen to this!!
  • Thank you, Jim. You always teach me so much. Not just about guitar, but about life.
  • A really great interview! Always fun when the interviewer is also a fan! If I may ask:What's the main thing you like about the Stardust pedal?
  • It sounds like a cranked amp without any tonal bells and whistles. It is void of a "personality" so my guitar still has the traits I like - emerge through the muck. It's touch sensitive for an overdrive unit. It's easy to dial in a sound quickly.
  • Thank you Maggie - and I hope you love your Model C!
  • You're welcome, Jim!

(and tell Chihoe to send it to me already!) ;^)
  • "Serramonte? What's that?"

This interview was outstanding!

• Obviously Craig doesn't travel to the worlds hotspots .... "what's Serramonte?"
  • I agree with the above comments. Great teaching in the interview. Im half through it. I really liked this phrase: "If one is feeling a little glum, the advice is you should work harder"

• Finally had a chance to listen, and agree it was a great interview. I especially appreciated Jim's comments about getting serious about learning at 30. As someone who played/practiced a lot, but didn't get into theory/reading & etc. until my late 30's, it was refreshing to hear that.
  • dougg- Thanks for listening. I marvel at the young guitarists I meet who have it so much more together then I did at their age. The fact I could play gigs in my teens and early 20's shows how lucky I've been, and how I was able to learn "on the field". Thanks and have a great day - Jim
  • The "what's Serramonte" did crack me up. Whenever I see Serramonte Ford license plate rims when I drive I always think of your tune.
  • "What's Seramonte?" could be another song title -ha ha!
  • What a funky interview! I liked that it covered some new ground like Jim's relationship with his dad and some non-guitar childhood memories. The comment about Pink Floyd surprised me but in hindsight I hear absolutely nothing in Jim's music that bares much resemblance to anything Floydian.

I am looking forward to hearing Jim's interpretation of 'Round Midnight. I've always thought that Jim is like the Thelonious Monk of guitar. Something about the angular playing. Totally intended as a compliment.

That recording at the Power Station sounds intriguing too. I hope it makes light of day.

Cheers
    Warren
  • Warren - Craig covered some new ground and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for listening and have a great day - Jim

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!