Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Photos of the Hahn "Model C" Campilongo Telecaster
  • Photos of the Hahn "Model C" Campilongo Telecaster - a word forom Chilhoe....It’s a wonderful guitar with a pine body and one piece maple neck, medium c, 7 1-4 to 9 1/2" compound radius and medium jumbo frets. It's finished in 100% nitro lacquer, and has all our best hardware, including a cold rolled steel bridge )precision mulled, not stamped), compensated brass saddles, stainless ferrules and .10" thick stainless neck plate.  It has a bone nut, Gotoh/Kluson tuners, CRL switch, 250k CTS pots, vintage cloth push back wire and our hand wound pickups.  With gig bag and free shipping in the US it's $1495.  For more info, email is chihoe@hahnguitars.com and phone is 845-269-8275

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Attachments
    IMG_0987.JPG 27K
    IMG_2817.jpeg 21K
    IMG_2824.jpeg 19K
    IMG_3546.jpeg 26K
    IMG_5056.jpeg 16K
    IMG_8953.jpeg 18K
  • Looks nice. If I was looking to buy a Tele I’d definitely consider one of these.

• Looks amazing. I plan on getting one.
  • I see this has a standard bridge plate...I believe Jim uses a modified "flat" bridge w/o the ridges on his '59 and on the Fender Sig model. Will this be the bridge on the Hahn Campilongo model?
  • Stunning! And much more affordable than I expected!
  • I have played a handful of Hahn tele's and got to spend a few hours chumming it up at his NAMM booth in 2015 and I can say that all his guitars are really really killer. Def on par with my 50's tele and without the bananas price tag.

This is a real treat for fans of Jim. And there are no other guitars with lacquer finish and these "stats" for 1495. Get it while the gettin' is good!

• Oh man! That's a really beautiful Tele. I love the specs, particularly the 7.25-9.5" compound radius neck. And here I was trying to thin the herd...
  • I posted this on the TDPRI ... thought it might go here too ...

Gentlemen - Look, I'm not here to sell you stuff or convince you to buy anything- but I thought I'd pipe in and at least post some photos and answer some questions.

I love the Model C and we achieved everything we hoped for -I think we got it. We were committed to making a "boutique" Hahn as affordable as we possibly could, Chihoe is the man. All questions should go to Chihoe.

The Model C story...
    https://www.hahnguitars.com/model-c/

Questions I know ..

Does it sound like my "59?
    No, we didn't go for that - but it's a great sounding dark Tele -and it has a nice scream too. Rob Banta designed the pick ups. At this point, the pick ups are not sold separately.

Does it come in Lefty?
    Yes

Is it a Top Loader?
    It has both string through and a top loading option. I've been top loading.

Does it come in custom colors?
    No, for now we are keeping everything simple to keep costs down -hence the name "Model C".

Is there a waiting list? How long will it take to arrive?
    Chihoe can answer that question best but I know he's making a couple a month - I'd guess and say 3 to 4 months? But again, that's a guess.

Do I play it on my "Live Record"
    No -it wasn't finished in time. But I've been playing it exclusively and I'm really hoping it can rip my '59 out my hands. I just went to Finland with my '59 (in a cheap-ass gig bag) and was terrorized by a flight attendant who was trying to keep me from bringing the '59 on board. It all worked out but it's always a stressful adventure.

How does it compare to the Fender JC Signature?
    It's a totally different animal but both had similar sound ambitions. Dark, not glassy.

Again - I walk a fine line between salesman and information source and I don't want to corrupt the good ol' TDPRI by aggressively selling things I'm invested in. That said- It was a thrill to be singled out here on the TDPRI. I thank the OP and all you guys for your interest.

Thanks again -and have a great holiday and 2018! - Jim

Press release from Chihoe...It's a wonderful guitar with a pine body and one piece maple neck, medium c, 7 1-4 to 9 1/2" compound radius and medium jumbo frets. It's finished in 100% nitro lacquer, and has all our best hardware, including a cold rolled steel bridge )precision mulled, not stamped), compensated brass saddles, stainless ferrules and .10" thick stainless neck plate. It has a bone nut, Gotoh/Kluson tuners, CRL switch, 250k CTS pots, vintage cloth push back wire and our hand wound pickups. With gig bag and free shipping in the US it's $1495. For more info, email is chihoe@hahnguitars.com and phone is 845-269-8275
  • Say Jim, do you have any photos of the Model C you've been playing?
    Attachments
    Model C Prototype copy.jpg 33K
  • Maggie- This was a Facebook post from our 55 Bar gig last night. Hopefully you can hear the Hahn guitar - middle position, I think- it's short ...
    https://www.facebook.com/kyra.kverno/videos/10156097671102490/?comment_id=10156097766527490&notif_id=1515984003836613&notif_t=mentions_comment
  • Nice! Sounds and looks great, Jim.

Oh, and I'm digging your look, too.
  • Looks and sounds Good, very very good ;-)

Greetz
    Clavan
    (Netherlands , Europe)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!