Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Latest Partscaster
  • I'm taking a very slow approach to learning how to build. I bought the body and neck from Warmoth. The neck was finished with Tried & True oil finish. There will be a Rutters bridge on tomorrow - for now it's got a Wilkinson. Swamp Ash body, Roasted Maple neck, Fender '51 Nocaster Pickups (thinking about others...).

Next build will have a body built from scratch. The necks I'm less sure about.

Attachments
    IMG_0798.jpg 245K
  • Very cool! I've been considering the partscaster route myself - the roasted maple necks seem cool. How does it play/sound?
  • Keep in mind that I'm no set-up expert and it's a compound (10"" - 16") radius, plus a pretty fat neck. That being said, I've got it where I like it and it plays very easily. The Nocasters are interesting, maybe a bit to "bitey" for me, but they respond well to tone-control adjustments. I've been comparing it all day with my LsL T-bone and there's little difference beyond the pickups (and the neck radius). So, I would say it's a winner! It's a new neck, so we'll see, but the oil finish on the roasted maple is something that I really really like.
  • Beautiful! I have a chopped Rutters bridge and saddles in my Cabronita build. The quality is incredible. I especially love how his saddles are compensated but still maintain that traditional look.
  • I've built a few partscasters and yes, just an oil finish on the neck is fantastic.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!