Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Polka Dots and Moonbeams lesson
  • Newbie here! So psyched to interact with like-minded players on this forum! I'm a big fan of Telecasters, Jim's music and his lessons. Here are the ones I have purchased (I am still reaping the benefits!)

Arpeggios as Exercises, Over the Rainbow, Rhythm Changes, and just last night I purchased and started working on Polka Dots and Moonbeams from Hank Garland's arrangement.

For anyone that has worked through this lesson, did you notice: the turnaround that Jim plays and has tabbed out at the end of A1 (D7b9, Gm11, C13) is not the same as what Hank Garland plays for the same turnaround. (It sounds like Hank Garland is playing descending half step substitutions although I can't quite figure out the voicing of each.)

Is Jim basing his transcription off another version? I think it's beneficial to know the iii-VI-ii-V where Jim has tabbed it for us. Just curious if anyone's come across this and if you (or Jim!) have the chords/voicings from Hank's recording for that particular turnaround.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!