Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Alnico speakers
  • I tried weber 8a125 in my vibro champ and it was good. So I may actually try a 12 inch 30 watt, in my ec tremolo, 12 watts. I have always used ceramic because thought Alnico might be too bright. Not so, so far...any comments are appreciated.
  • I've been thinking about Alnico in PRRI but was concerned about the highs also. I'll be curious to see what others have to say as well...
  • I've actually always heard alnico as being a little rounder than ceramic BUT... so much depends on the speaker design... meaning, if you had 2 speakers that were built EXACTLY the same, but one with alnico and one with ceramic, the alnico will be a tad warmer and have a little compression. And those difference really only come out at volume.

For example, for home playing/ lower volumes, it won't matter. At gig volumes, I think you'll be able to tell a difference. Alot of people default to ceramic (and these days, even Neo) because they're lighter and easier to carry...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!