Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
Gigs and rain
  • Yo Jim,

how do you cope with lugging ur amp around under wet weather , I spent most of my life playing at home til the last 3 weeks of Dec , went out to play and in one of the gigs early this year , it rained , fortunately I had the amp cover on and wheeled it to safety from the cab.

rain and amps just scares me.
  • A nice cover helps. I use TUKI and a friend of mine here in CT is a sailmaker and she made some covers from waterproof sail material.

I also keep a few big black garbage bags shoved in the corner of my gig bag for if it is really really rainy and I can make a rain coat for my gear.
  • Thanks cwilliams- Yes, I'm with you- Tuki covers are great. I've had one on my Princeton for 15 years and it's still almost like new. All that said, I don't know where you live broadcaster- but NYC is always some form of weather that's at the very least- uncomfortable! Mostly, I don't even think about it, but I understand the difficulties and I suppose electrocution is something one should avoid!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!