Endorsements Souldier Fender Celestion Fender Custom Shop D'Addario D'Addario

The Campy Forum

Be polite and respectful. Don't sell stuff. No envy, no fear, no meanness.
NEW LESSON! “IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONG TIME" LESSON LES PAUL AND MY OWN SOLO IDEAS
  • NEW LESSON!
    “IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONG TIME" LESSON  LES PAUL AND MY OWN SOLO IDEAS
    Intermediate/Advanced 
    On this lesson I combined two Les Paul solos, one from “Chester and Lester” version and from the original Bing Crosby recording that creates one of the prettiest solos I’ve ever played. Additionally I add another solo form of my own creation that combines arpeggios and melody. This is a great study for C to C#dim7 to Dm7 phrases that are a reoccurring mainstay in hundreds of standards. I also include the rhythm that includes bass movement that to me, replicates a mini-piano. Both the Bing Crosby and the Chester and Lester intros are included too. This  lesson is fun filled with licks and techniques in the context of one of the loveliest tunes ever written.
    Sample Clip:

Easy Download:
    http://store.payloadz.com/details/2515232-other-files-everything-else-its-been-a-long-long-time-lesson.htm
  • Awesome. I saw the YouTube clip you posted, and was hoping a lesson might be coming. I'll be ordering this one - the clips sound great!
  • dougg - Thank you buddy- I hope you have fun learning it. - Jim
  • Hola amigos!
    After a lot of heavy work, here is my version.
    I love this lesson, Both solos are so beautiful!!

Saludos
    JIG

https://youtu.be/1kHTq5jaST8
  • JIG- That performance is really sweet and really has the vibe- great work sir! And thank you for posting. If I was to be hypercritical -it would really be on myself, because some of the phrasings of that solo are so subtle - I felt that I couldn't convey the subtleties, unless there were repeated listening by the student. But you really nailed it.
    Obviously, it must've taken a lot of work and I applaud your efforts ... and thanks again for posting. You really made my day.
    All the best- Jim
  • Beautiful!
  • Thats awesome! Sounds wonderful. Very pretty.
  • Sounds beautiful, JIG. Really nicely done!
  • Man, that's great. Nice job.

I'd wanted to hold off on starting this one until I finished a current project, but I think you just convinced me to flip that plan.
  • Thanks friends for your motivating comments.
    One of the things I deeply appreciate from Jim's lessons, is that I have been pull out from a musical immobility that made me feel bogged down for years.
    gracias Jim!

Sorry for my English.....(I did my best)
    Saludos!
    JIG
  • JIG- Your English is perfect and thank you for everything- Jim

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!